Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Arrowsmith Students Say......

Here are a few things some student's who have been in the Arrowsmith Program are saying.

3rd Year Male Student - Grade 8
I have seen strengths in many things.  I have gotten better at reading, writing, spelling, speaking, grammar, social skills, and most importantly better memory.  Due to my improvements I can now think faster and my writing is more legible.  I am now at a Grade 10 reading level and at grade level in math and English.  My improvements have helped me dramatically and I can now understand why people do things that are mean or nice.  I can tell why a person makes an action that may be troublesome or helpful.  Using my knowledge of the person I can tell what they may do next or how they may react to an action I may make towards them.

3rd Year Male Student - Grade 9
I have seen changes in my written output.  My spelling is also getting better.  Math has gotten easier and I find that I can do more complicated equations.  My awareness of time and distance has also gotten better.  My reading speed is faster and I can remember more from what I read.

3rd Year Female Student - Grade 7
Where I have seen changes in myself is not getting frustrated with myself and not getting upset.  I have also seen changes with writing and reading.  I don't skip words and I can now create spaces between words when writing.  I have seen changes in my Math and with understanding thinks like body language of people and how they feel.  I have seen changes with my speech.  I have seen changes in my understanding of time and what is going on in life around me.  I have seen a change with my ability to stay focused and in my understanding of math problem solving.  There is a change in my remembering where I put things or where I had left them.  I have seen changes in all my cognitive exercise and I hope I can go far in life with this great experience.  Thank You Arrowsmith Program!

Learning Disabilities Association has openings at our Arrowsmith Program beginning in late August/beginning of September.  Please call for further information:  652-4116

No comments:

Post a Comment